Favstar gets even better if you sign in.
14. I think that’s all I need to say on the subject. If anyone’s still interested, I will be voting for the NDP candidate in my riding.
Have a secret you want kept safe from govt? There is now a 100% proven method. Just put it in an email addressed to any member of the PMO.
5. I don’t see public disagreement as confusing. I see it as honest. Readers, in my view, are adults & understand that adults can disagree.
15. The short-form reasoning: the Conservatives don’t deserve to be re-elected, and the Liberals don’t deserve a majority.
13. So to protect my reputation and to preserve my editorial freedom as a columnist, I felt it necessary to resign the editorial position.
Ashley Madison's website has been hacked. Those poor people using it to cheat on spouses: they must feel like they can't trust anybody now.
Final point: Elizabeth May added fresh perspectives and proved she belongs in these debates. There is no reason to exclude her.
Tories ran up the national debt by $150 billion. In private, they’ll concede it had nothing to do with “stimulus.” It was to stay in power.
4. My view was that that was what I was paid to do as a columnist: give my honest opinion on issues of public interest.
My latest: You’d be suspicious, paranoid and controlling, too, if everyone around you was lying to you all the time. http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/andrew-coyne-oh-harper-forgive-us-we-misjudged-you-over-the-duffy-affair …
12. While Postmedia’s intervention was unprecedented in my experience, I could not allow the precedent to stand.
One reason the government has been so slow to process refugees: they all had to be personally approved by the PM. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/prime-ministers-office-ordered-halt-to-refugee-processing/article26713562/ …
10. My concerns were and are merely a) that there should be no suggestion that I was personally endorsing or voting for the Conservatives.
3. … dissenting from the Post’s endorsement of the Conservatives would have confused readers and embarrassed the paper.
11. And b) that I could not do my job as a columnist if I was obliged to stay silent where these conflicted with those of management.
2. Postmedia executives and I had a professional disagreement. Their view was that the publication of a column by the editorial page editor…
This closer by Trudeau is head and shoulders above the rest. If anyone is still watching.
Explorer, founder of Lachine, seigneur of Cataracoui, discoverer of the mouths of the Mississippi.
Like @acoyne’s tweets? Send them a Favstar Pro Membership to show you care.Gift them Pro!