Favstar gets even better if you sign in.
14. I think that’s all I need to say on the subject. If anyone’s still interested, I will be voting for the NDP candidate in my riding.
Have a secret you want kept safe from govt? There is now a 100% proven method. Just put it in an email addressed to any member of the PMO.
5. I don’t see public disagreement as confusing. I see it as honest. Readers, in my view, are adults & understand that adults can disagree.
15. The short-form reasoning: the Conservatives don’t deserve to be re-elected, and the Liberals don’t deserve a majority.
13. So to protect my reputation and to preserve my editorial freedom as a columnist, I felt it necessary to resign the editorial position.
Ashley Madison's website has been hacked. Those poor people using it to cheat on spouses: they must feel like they can't trust anybody now.
Final point: Elizabeth May added fresh perspectives and proved she belongs in these debates. There is no reason to exclude her.
Tories ran up the national debt by $150 billion. In private, they’ll concede it had nothing to do with “stimulus.” It was to stay in power.
4. My view was that that was what I was paid to do as a columnist: give my honest opinion on issues of public interest.
My latest: You’d be suspicious, paranoid and controlling, too, if everyone around you was lying to you all the time. http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/andrew-coyne-oh-harper-forgive-us-we-misjudged-you-over-the-duffy-affair …
12. While Postmedia’s intervention was unprecedented in my experience, I could not allow the precedent to stand.
This seems to be Tweet Zero for #cubanmistresscrisis https://twitter.com/dadbodhishattva/status/713389103925035008 …
One reason the government has been so slow to process refugees: they all had to be personally approved by the PM. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/prime-ministers-office-ordered-halt-to-refugee-processing/article26713562/ …
10. My concerns were and are merely a) that there should be no suggestion that I was personally endorsing or voting for the Conservatives.
3. … dissenting from the Post’s endorsement of the Conservatives would have confused readers and embarrassed the paper.
I’m embarrassed for the GOP, but I weep for the Republic, and I fear for the world. This is not how a great democracy conducts itself.
11. And b) that I could not do my job as a columnist if I was obliged to stay silent where these conflicted with those of management.
Explorer, founder of Lachine, seigneur of Cataracoui, discoverer of the mouths of the Mississippi.
Like @acoyne’s tweets? Send them a Favstar Pro Membership to show you care.Gift them Pro!