Favstar gets even better if you sign in.
In software, the first 90% of the work takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.
People think programming is this pure kind of logical thinking, when it's mostly 99% banging your head against a wall until the wall gives
There are two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors.
Got into computers because I enjoyed talking to machines instead of people. Now computers all about talking to people. This is some bullshit
A group of programmers is called an "actually".
PHP is the Nickelback of programming languages.
The best reaction to "this is confusing, where are the docs" is to rewrite the feature to make it less confusing, not write more docs.
so you're mad about something on the Internet.. http://www.systemcomic.com/2011/08/03/so-youre-mad-about-something-on-the-internet/ … pic.twitter.com/zwfbn9J9ZW
Twitter (n): a collaborative game where you try to guess what just happened based on a stream of truly awful jokes about the event
Indoor enthusiast. Co-founder of http://stackexchange.com and http://www.discourse.org. Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Like @codinghorror’s tweets? Send them a Favstar Pro Membership to show you care.Gift them Pro!
Stats can't be shown as @codinghorror hasn't signed in to Favstar recently.